Monday, October 12, 2009

In retrospect....

I have been blessed by many things....seen beautiful places I otherwise would not have if it weren't for our life together.
I have met people along the way that have touched my life in ways that I never could have imagined.
I have learned that life is ALWAYS going to throw you curveballs...some you will catch, some you will strike out on.
But I have learned more in the past six months about myself than I ever thought possible.
I am strong.
I am a good mom.
I am a good friend.
I am a good daughter.
I am a good wife.
I am a good listener.
I am a good sister.
I am a good sister-in-law.
I am a good daughter-in-law.
I give back what I recieve.
I believe that God is watching over me, and that He came into my life for a reason last January.
I sometimes overdo and believe in people too much, and I get hurt in the end, but for some reason, I am always there to hold my hand out to pull people back up on their feet again.
Everything happens for a reason, and right now, although I don't know what that reason is, I cannot question it, because it only makes it more difficult for me.

I have a good support system...people close, and people far. If I EVER needed anything, I know who I can rely on, and I have learned who I cannot.
My best friend is four states and nine hours away, and when he is out to sea, out on deployment, it is easier for me to deal with our separation. I know that may sound strange, but the military spouses out there know exactly what I mean.
I have cried many many tears in the past 13 years, but not more than I have cried in the past 6 months.
My husband.
I miss him .
His smell, his touch, his laugh, his snoring...the way that he always looks at me like he did when we met ALL those years ago back in 7th grade.
We have an amazing story....one worth telling, and when it is all done and over, when this life no longer rules the one that we have built together....we are going to tell it. It spans over 20 + years of friendship, of laughter and tears....of eventually becoming partners in life.

We keep a journal. This journal is over eight years old. We have written back and forth in it for all of those years, through all of our trials and tribulations.
It is the story of us...the one that tells who we are, who we were, and who we have become.
Our love is deeper than either of us realized. Stronger than I ever thought....This man...I love him. I love him. I love him. Forever, for always, infinity.

3 comments:

  1. Everything *does* happen for a reason. I don't believe in the power of God like you do but I do believe that nothing is chance. I too have questioned so many things I've gone through and sometimes months, years late I see the reason. Do the ends justify the means...couldn't it have been easier...did we have to feel so much pain? Maybe not...but then again maybe so we would not only see the reason, but feel the reason, and learn from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer? Do I know you? I tried to access your profile, and it wouldn't let me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind! I know who you are now! I tried to post that the other day, and then I put the puzzle pieces together ( I only know one Jennifer that would take the time to tell me she didn't hate me in high school :) THANK YOU for taking the time to read these, I not only write it for my own sanity, but also so people can see what this "life" is like...

    ReplyDelete