Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sunday morning 12:25 a.m.

I am at the beginning of a new day, when I should be at the end of the previous one, already asleep.
Sleep, these days, does not seem to be my closest friend. When I try to go to bed, and I DO try, it is as if there are ten thousand thoughts running through my head the prevent me from falling into my REM. The fact that my husband is not next to me is blatent, and the fact that I am not ok with that disturbs me more than I ever though it would.
I am a Navy wife.
I have been a Navy wife for a little over 13 years.
I did not enlist into the military, I married it.
I did not come in the seabag, therefore, I am a small part of the bigger plan.
My husband is a US Sailor, a Chief to be exact.
When I married this man that I love with all of my being, I did not know what I was getting into. I knew the man that I was marrying, I did not know the baggage he came with...the United States Navy.

Through out the years, we have had to make decisions based upon our lives in the moment. How old were the kids? Who was in school? How would this affect us? How would we make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment