Saturday, November 7, 2009

I want to thank you...for giving me the best days of my life....

Your eyes are the color of the ocean when the sun sets, and the entire ocean explodes into greens and blues...I always think of you when that happens....
That is what my husband told me way back when, before I called him my partner for life...and that is what he still says to me to this day...and all I have to say to him is ,"say it..." and he knows what I am talking about.
Only a sailor would know what that means, because only a sailor has witnessed such a gift of nature and God..
The gifts that I have received in this life, I don't think that I say thank you enough for, and I thought that tonight, in the midst of an emotional day, I would take the time to do just that....

I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me, honors me and cherishes me. Who has stood by me through the good, the bad and the ugly. Who watched me leave in my mind back in January, and instead of checking out himself, held me when I cried, and kissed away my tears, who has loved me even when I haven't been able to love myself.

I am thankful that I have three BEAUTIFUL children.
My oldest, Angel, a name very fitting. I ask, she gives. Sometimes, she doesn't want to, but she always does. When she knows I am hurting, she rubs my neck and back. When she sees that I have nothing left to give, she picks up the slack. She makes dinners, she does household work along with me. She helps me make it through my days, even though I know her days are rough too. I haven't always been there for her when she has needed me, but I have done the best that I know how, and I am proud to know that I am raising a beautiful, bright, loving, empathetic young lady who is going to do great things in this world...her purpose is higher than even she can imagine right now. My little Hootie is no longer little :(
My middle, Dani, my beautiful, loving sunshine ladybug..
Always singing, always dancing. Giggling beyond insanity. Loving her life, and the lives of those who surround her. Asking for little, and giving back so much. She too, when she knows I am hurting will rub my hands, or paint my toenails, just to give mommy some TLC. Always quick with a hug and a kiss...I am proud of my beautiful little stinkerbelle...who is turning into such an amazing, talented beautiful young lady....both of my girls are going places that no one knows yet, not even them....
And my youngest, my son, Dennis.
With a heart of gold, and a smile that melts my heart every day. He has a beautiful mind. He is a peaceful little man, doesn't like conflict. And when there is conflict,and he sees that I am hurting, I always get an I love you mommy, or you're beautiful mommy...what can I do to help...he loves to play around with me. He loves to laugh with me, he loves to have me all to himself, but he understands when I just don't have enough to go around....
My beautiful, amazing children are my gifts. I have sometimes taken them for granted, and I wish that I could take those moments back, but I can't. I can only be the best mom that I know how. And pray to GOD that I have done right by them...that they will be everything that I know they can be...a Doctor, a Singer, an Artist, a military servicemember....the sky is the limit...
The best days of my life, I have given to my family....and they in turn have rewarded me with hopes and dreams and happiness and smiles and gratitude and love...things that way back when I never would have though would make me feel as peaceful as I do...
Thank you for the some of the best days of my life....Dennis, Angeline, Danielle, and Dennis....you are my EVERYTHING. My ENTIRE world...and I love you all more than I could possibly begin to explain....

No comments:

Post a Comment